Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

What is Father's day to me? I'm not a father... nor am I married... or have a significant other person in my life. But to me Father's day is about my Father... and honoring him.

As it happens... I worked on my new vegetable garden today. So why is that significant? Well those who knew my late Father knew he was an avid gardener. Some referred to my parent's hillside garden... Squirrel Hill... as a miniature Golden Gate Park. He... and my Mother... were continually working on it as a labor of love... and showed it off to nearly anyone who wanted a tour.

I learned much of my gardening skills from both my parents... although... gardening is not one of my favorite things to do. Working on my new vegetable garden... to me horrors him... and all he taught me.

Tonight... I'll light an oil lamp... to remember the good times... and positive things he taught me... for... Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment