I'm so happy to see so much green grass... and wild flowers out at this time of year. After years of little rain fall... or all coming in large amounts... and then running off... we had a normal rain fall. The forest... and meadows look green... and almost lush on July 1. I don't miss all the rain we had this winter and spring. I spend a lot of time inside and I was ready to get out and start my projects. But now that the garden project is at a stopping point for the moment... it gave me a chance to get away and visit relatives.
My travels took me to Marin county... and the Sacramento area. I spent an evening in San Francisco overlooking the ocean eating a very enjoyable dinner with family. Bonfires could be seen on the beach even on that foggy night... which is very typical weather for late June.
The next day we went to Martinez to pick up my Aunt who was coming from the Sacramento area. We spent a very enjoyably day relaxing and preparing to meet the wife of my late Father's best friend's wife... from Denmark... who's husband had also passed recently. We had dinner in Sausalito at a very nice restaurant. Our table overlooked San Francisco bay and it was quite enchanting. The evening passed all to fast as we returned to my cousin's home to spend the night.
The valley was hot on the last day I traveled... and I did get an afternoon start... but it was very pleasant and enjoyable to spend time with my aunt and a few minutes with her husband. I was very happy when I came back over to the coast. The temperature must have dropped 15 to 20F... but still comfortable for shorts and a t-shirt.
That was fun to get away for a short time... and a change of scenery... not that I don't enjoy Quailhaven... I do. But... getting away just makes me appreciate this place all the more. And even better was the extra growth on the tomato plants in just a few days.
Last night... June 30... I went to see Twilight Eclipse... the opening night... at midnight... or 12:01AM... so it was June 30. The place was sold out... and I was very happy I had bought my ticket weeks before. The movie is the third in the series based on books by Stephenie Meyer. I have not read the books... but I've been told... by some... the movies are following the books closely... and not going off on some tangent as many do.
I arrived thirty minutes before the show... and found the theater was nearly full. But I did find a good seat... and sat down to hear lots of teenage girls... talking away. I guess I was lucky there were many adults there as well. But the crowd was well behaved for the most part. I just found that opening night for a film... that has a following... can be a lot of fun. This night did not disappoint... and I was very happy with this movie.
I arrived home and went to bed about 3AM... and felt like a young adult staying out late. I knew I'd pay the price of staying up so late at night the next day... and I was not idle... as I went to a friends house at the last minute to serve as a... fire keeper. Even today... I'm still not up to speed... but... would I do it again? Oh YEA!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment